You are currently browsing the monthly archive for June 2010.
International Tournament of Wheelchair Tennis from the series of NEC Wheelchair Tennis Tour is one of 120 tournaments of this type that are organized all over the world for tennis players who are wheelchair users.
Lower Silesia Disabled Players Association “Aktywni” has been organizing this tournament since 2003 and has been getting higher and higher rank from ITF International Organization. The tournament is organized at Wroclaw’s sport facilities every year for 60 players from Poland and abroad.
The aim and idea of this tournament is to encourage people who are wheelchair users to lead active life through sport that is the best way for self-realization.
This year world-renowned players on wheelchairs will take part in the Cup. The organizers have invited players from the top ranking, such as The Netherlands players Maikel Scheffers and Aniek Van Koot.
The Wroclaw Cup has the ITF 2 rank and the prize money is 15 000 USD. The Wroclaw tournament is one of two of these tournaments in Poland and in the opinion of ITF and Polish Tennis Association it is one of those which attract the best players.
Free entry to the event
29.06 – Tuesday Games start at 10.00
30.06 – Wensday Games start at 10.00
01.07 – Thursday Games start at 10.00
02.07 – Friday Games start at 10.00
03.07 – Saturday Finals of the Wrocław Cup 2010
and official tournament closing start at 11.00.
Place: Stadion Olimpijski
ul. Ignacego Paderewskiego av. 35
Have you been to Wroclaw on the previous edition of the tournament? Describe your opinion about it at our Fan Page on Facebook
Source: Aktywni Wrocław
In the Design-BWA Wroclaw gallery there will be presented orignial equipments that were produced in 1945-1989 in Wroclaw’s factories: Elwro, Polar and Wrozamet, for example Odra computer, Elwirka organs and TV games console Ameprod-TVG 10. There will also be presented rare examples of 50 year old Ryś and Żak moped and very popular washing machines of Polar PS 663 Superautomat or Ewa cocker. (They were present in most Polish houses during communism).
The aim of “Made in Wroclaw 1945-1989” is both to show an original form and function of equipment and to interpret the aesthetics and functionality of the obsolete electronic and household goods equipment.
Time: 25 June to 17 July 2010
Place: Galeria Design – BWA Wrocław(Map)
Source: Made in Wroclaw
International Festival of Street Art “Busker Bus” is one of the most colourful and joyful events in Poland. Musicians, clowns, circus actors, mimes, acrobats, fire-eaters, dancers, stilt walkers, poets, performers and other artists from Poland and abroad have taken part in it since 1997. The organizator of this event is Romuald Popłynek.
This year the daily performances of the artists will run in the evening in the appointed streets and squares that are signed by special number symbols of Buskerbus’s stops. Every artist will present his/her 45-60 minute programme two times a day – first time between 2-5 p.m., second time between 7-10 p.m. A lot of artits will take part in the night’s performances. Except Buskerbus’s stops there will be other places like An Archipelago of Poets where the artists can recite their poems at the proverbial 2 metre cobbles selling at the same time their signed poems. They will also have to adapt this space and create some production design or prepare music as a part of their performance.
The next interesting places are Painters alley and Sculptors alley where working on the street artists can also present their works. During the daily performances the main place will be the bus of the Busker Bu’s from which announcements, comments connected with Festival’s events and the interviews with the artists will be presented. The bus will be the information centre and the office.
The time of festival: 25 to 27 June 2010
Place: Market Square
What is the most important thing in this event? You don’t have to buy any tickets and there are no rankings or competitions. This festival is a promotion of indepedent and free art.
Here is the list of this year International Festival of Street Art “Busker Bus” performers:
1. PHILIP FAIRWEATHER – Great Britain – street singing
2. AAAHH! – Germany/Austria – man band + accordionist
3. MONICA CORONADO – Spain – singing
4. DJAMMAL – Argentina– jugglery, clowns performance
5. LUI LUI – Argentina – clowns performance
6. MAURANGAS – Argentina – man circus
7. OUM TCHA – France/Australia – humoristic swing
8. PAPITO – Argentina – acrobatics, jugglery
9. The Rolling Stage Rockers – Sweden – rock – 60 years
10. Stripey „Bowling” Hancock – Great Britain – blues/country
11. BARBARA MURATA – Japan – circus/clowns performance
12. DUO RESONANTE – Denmark/Mexico – jazz project
13. ROB LOK – USA – clowns performance
14. MAREK WEGLARSKI – Germany – Gypsy jazz
15. EL DIABOLERO – Austria – jugglery
16. KABARE PUPALA – Germany/Spain – dolls theatre
17. CAPELA CABARET – Columbia/Mexico – clowns theatre
18. ENRIQUEZ LOPEZ TRIO – Bolivia/Peru/Canada –guitar trio
19. PAMBAZOS BROS – Uruguay –comedians
20. ROMUALD POPŁONYK – Polska
21. HANNAH PEARL DUO – Australia/Spain – song author
22. SHIVA GRINGS – Germany – comedian
23. NATASHA McGHIE – Great Britain – acrobats
24. LUCY LOU – Germany – acrobats, clowns performance
25. KAMMANN – Germany – jugglery, acrobats, clowns performance
26. PAMBAZOS BROS – Uruguay – comedians
27. JEAN-MARIE OLIVE – France – paris songs with barrel organ
28. SMITTEN – Australia – authors music
29. ILLHAM PROJECT – Francja – song author
30. Vincent van Hessen – The Netherlands – music
31. CIRKUSZ-KA – Hungary – music
32. OSTAP KINDRACZUK – Ukraine– bard Cossack